Wednesday, September 25, 2013

WIP Wednesday {9.25.13}

I totally didn't even realize it was Wednesday. I guess that should give you some idea of what things are like around here haha. Amidst the chaos, I am making very slow progress. I finally made a list of all the things I need/want to do and I admit, it was totally overwhelming. I am still working on squeezing in regular sewing time, so it feels a bit frustrating right now, especially since there are things that are at least a bit time sensitive.

Anyway, my quick update for this week is:

big girl blanket - I have 2 more columns to sew and then put the top together. I am so excited about this, it is coming together so well! Of course once I finish the top, which really shouldn't take long, I still need batting and backing....



The other thing that has slow but steady progress is a crocheted blanket for the big girl bed. I am done 6 squares out of 42. I am aiming to do one per day and so far I am doing pretty well with that pace. More on this later. And maybe a non-blurry picture. Also, they look much more the same size in person.



I also have a pile of fabric for panties and some fall hoodie sweatshirts, I started a little fabric nesting bowl that I don't have a picture of, and I am falling farther behind on the penny sampler by the day. At least I have some fabric ideas floating around for once I finally can work on it. There are also a few baby things I'd really like to make and the big girl is in need of some fall/winter jammies. I am not even going to talk about the rest of the list right now since obviously I have enough to worry about :)  I have plans to be back with more updates soon, but I suspect that may not work out the way I plan, so hopefully at the very least, next week I'll remember Wednesday.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks like a great scrap buster! I need one of those. How cute is your crocheted blankie going to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crochet squares are gorgeous. I have only 4 squares made in as many years but you've prompted me to dig them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your quilt and blanket it's going to look gorgeous!

    I'm always overwhelmed by projects I think it helps to write them down though. I always think..when I've done those I'll have cleared everything, but that never happens and I always start something new before any of my finishes.....I've done it this week !!

    ReplyDelete