Thursday, September 18, 2008

wedding goodies part I

10 months from today, I will be a Mrs. which really just blows my mind. To honor the countdown and all the hard work I am putting into said wedding, I have decided that every month on the 18th if possible, I will post a wedding craft that I have made. At this point I think I have enough to last me a couple of months so we'll just have to see where the planning takes me by the time I run out, but I'm sure knowing me that I will continue to have things to post.

Anyway, I would like to kick this off by honoring my girls. When we got engaged, I immediately knew who I wanted by my side and decided that I wanted to make them a little something to show them how much I love and appreciate them. I have a maid of honor and a bridesmaid so we are keeping it small and I made them each (and one for me of course!) a little tote bag with a cute fabric design on them and then put sparkley words on them that said 'bride' 'bridesmaid' or 'maid of honor' so that we can all use them as we run around doing wedding related tasks. They were really so much fun to make and didn't take too much time or money and honestly I want to make more, I just need to find an excuse and some money to do so. I used coloring book-like pages as patterns and cut out the shapes and then folded them under and sewed on that for a clean edge. Doing it that way made the curves a little rough and um...pointy, but I think they came out really well :) I also made cards to ask them, but I think that will be for next month, I love the bags too much and am too excited about them to do the cards first.

No comments:

Post a Comment