Sunday, December 7, 2008

Things I Like

Sometimes, I am just such a slackerific blogger. Currently I attribute that to my ongoing projects of christmas gifts which still can't be posted for a few weeks and really, I don't have a lot of time for other, non-christmas related projects. One of the wedding projects that I have been working on will be posted next week, but other than that, I just wanted to write about a few projects that I have been considering making for myself at some point when I have time.

The first is a knitting project. A few weeks back I saw an adorable cardigan type sweater on the front of the Jo-Ann fabric ad and of couse had to search for the pattern. I found it here and although it looks pretty difficult, I might be inclined to tackle it. I think it is really cute and it is absolutely something I would wear. I have never really knit something quite that big or with that much shaping, but I figure I would have to start somewhere. I don't typically like the idea of making clothes, but if I was ever to make a sweater, it would probably be this or something fairly similar. I guess we'll see. I figure if I start this summer maybe it will be done by the time it is freezing out....or maybe the year after haha.

The other is a sewing project. I signed up for the website burdastyle which has some cute free patterns and I found this dress that I think would be a fun and fairly easy project that would look really good. I don't know exactly how I feel about such a high neckline, but it is cute enough that I think I might try it. I am a little hesitant about using jersey fabric since I know from my t-shirt blanket how much more difficult knits are to work with, but it could be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment