Tuesday, October 6, 2009

tote bag

September 24th was my wonderful sister's birthday, and at her request I made her a tote bag for the beach/gym. It was a pattern I had picked up a while ago and just never got around to making and it was just perfect for this! It is a huge bag, more like a weekender then anything else, but I love the way it came out and so does she. Since I saw her and gave it to her over the weekend, I can now talk about it and put up pretty pictures. The pattern is burda 7674 and I just kinda modified it until it made sense to me. I couldn't find the right snaps so I used my snazzy new automatic button hole maker (totally awesome!) and the directions for putting the top band on made no sense to me so I did it my way and it worked out great. I love all 3 fabrics that are used, and of course the lime green polka dots are just for her. It is just such a happy bag and I hope she gets lots of use out of it :)




Just for the record, it looked better stuffed so you can really see the shape of the bag....and in the pictures it is holding 2 of our couch pillows, that's how big it is! It's a beast! If that doesn't fit beach towels, etc. then I don't know what will.

So that's that. Tomorrow will be a big sewing day for me but unfortunately since it is a Christmas gift I won't be able to share it for a few months. Not to worry, I have other things I am working on to post. And once I am done this quilt I have another that I can start on pretty much right away and that one will be posted as soon as it is done. I am guessing both will be done by the end of the month if all goes well, but we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment