Thursday, March 3, 2011

Little Folks peek

It happened. An opportunity presented itself and I took it. And now I am super busy and will remain so for the next 7ish weeks. I keep reminding myself that in reality, I am not losing much crafting time since I had so little to begin with. I will just slowly keep trucking away and working on things when I can. Today I got a little time and made some binding and got some curtain fabric cut out for the little one and hopefully I will actually get to sew the curtains this weekend....since she really needs them.

Anyway, I thought I would share a peek at what I am working on. These are two quilt tops that are finished out of my Little Folks fabric. I love them. A lot. The top is the log cabin quilt I had been waiting to make since June when I got and cut the fabric and then I made a smaller baby size patchwork quilt out of the scraps. And actually I think I have enough little pieces to make a small mug rug perhaps to test out my quilting idea :) But we'll have to see about that. I hope that by the time I have time to make some more things in a couple of months, the sun will be shining more and the pictures will be prettier. I have the tops done, and the back of the big one done and the binding made, I just need time to baste and quilt it so maybe I'll find a spare weekend day for that in the next couple of weeks.


I am hoping that I have enough time to get some things done and can post once a week or so over the coming weeks, which I guess is not really that much less than I was doing before. We'll see if that actually works out, but I am sure going to try. My sanity would very much appreciate some time to work every week, so I'm going to do my best. And someday my child will be less needy and might even nap and then...oh the possibilities. Oh my I'm a dreamer....

No comments:

Post a Comment