Friday, November 8, 2013

Penny sampler: it continues

Hey! Bet you didn't think you'd hear from me again this week! I wasn't so sure either, and then I went crazy with my penny sampler blocks to catch up and got so dang excited I had to share. I still haven't made this weeks blocks, but that means I have 3 blocks and a bunch of diamonds to make and that will be it. I can't believe it, and honestly I can't believe I've kept up with it so well, what with the class starting less than a week after I had a baby.

I am just going to go ahead and apologize for the crappy pictures, but I am working with what I have here, which is a carpeted floor and bad light. And don't mind the junk everywhere, it's a hazard of moving next week haha. Here she is in all her glory!



And some close ups of the recent paper pieced blocks.







I love this quilt! The flower pot block is my favorite and I kind of think it makes the quilt. So now I have two horses and a long churn dash and I will be caught up....if I get it done before the last part is posted next week that is. I am just loving this quilt and so looking forward to having the top completed. I still need to decide on a back and figure out whether to hand quilt it or not, but I guess I have time. Now I just need to sneak in some horse block making! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love the different blocks especially the houses, coffee pot, cups and flower pot block. Can't believe how ambitious you are with just having had a baby and moving and still sewing.
    I guess I can remember those days, but they are now in the faint distance.
    Once we are in the new year I hope to catch up on all my notes I'm making with your Penny Patch Block quilt. Thanks for the tutorial on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really great. I love watching your progress. I am about to start a paper piecing project, I hope, and this is very inspiring. I cannot believe you are doing this and moving!!!

    ReplyDelete