Anyway, I sorted out a lot of things I would like to make this week to figure out where I stand. I still at some point would like to make all the types of quilts I posted about last time, but we'll just have to see where I can fit them in and what they will work for. I also eventually hope to get decent at free-motion quilting, but we'll just have to see about that...part of the problem being that I need to make something I don't care much about so I am not too upset if it looks bad. We'll see.
The current list:
- A quilt for my brother. I promised him one for christmas so now I just have to figure out what fabric I can find which will determine what it looks like. It needs to be a serious twin size which is bigger than I usually go.
- A Christmas quilt...it will also be a gift so I will refrain from posting more details at this time
- A belated wedding gift quilt...all planned out, I just need to find the fabrics....also withholding details for the time being
- A log cabin quilt for me. I have all the fabric cut and ready, it's just that projects for me get put on the backburner when it comes down to it. It is Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks line and I am super excited. I love the fabric and can't wait to see what it looks like.
- A quilt for the little lady's eventual bed....only because I fell in love with this Ann Kelle line :)
Perhaps the biggest challenge I have set for myself, and naturally the one I am most excited about, is a hexagon blanket. That's right, english paper piecing, hand sewing, the whole nine yards. I'm crazy but excited. More details on that as I work them out. I am going to start by scouting some perfect fabrics this weekend :) That will hopefully be started before the holiday travels so I can bring it with me...what with not needing a machine and all.
I think that's all for now (I say that like it's not more than enough...). My to-make list is always growing and changing, so as usual I'm not too worried about it, I just like to try and keep track. And if I'm honest, these are just the sewing projects, I have a whole bunch of scrapbooking and such to do as well! (Catch up on Hubby's book, do the first handful of months for the little one...) And some assorted other christmas gifts, plus the WIP I already have, hopefully to be finished up as soon as I get the batting/backing/binding etc. Okay, really have to stop now....update to come after the shop hop!