Monday, October 11, 2010

Netbook case

Well it has been a crazy couple of weeks, some good, some bad, but we made it through. This week I plan to sit down and really figure out what I am doing for the rest of this year craft-wise, and what my larger goals are. This weekend I am going quilt shop hopping again (yay!!!!) and I have to have my fabric shopping list together so I have an immediate goal pushing me. I have to figure out what my projects are and how much fabric I need, so it will be a busy week, hopefully ending with a lot of pretty fabric to play with :) Not to mention I have to get the house and everything straightened up from the last two weeks of crazy, but that is another story I suppose.

Anyway, on to the good stuff. This isn't a completely new project as it is a revisit of the laptop case I made my hubby last year. If you want the pattern link and whatnot, you can check out that post. I needed a case for my netbook and liked this pattern enough to give it another go. Let me just say, it went much better this time! It's amazing what a difference a better machine, the correct needle (yep, I actually got one for heavyweight fabrics) and a walking foot make. I mean, I knew I wasn't following the recommendations last time, but I was working with what I had, and the result was quite good, but it was so much easier and went so much smoother this time....someday I will learn that these things are recommended for a reason. The outer fabric is actually an ikea pillow case that I got with the intention of ripping out the seams and using for a project and this is perfect. I also love the navy blue flannel inside, it tones down the busy outside just right. It is actually a bit too big because of the weird dimensions of the netbook thanks to the battery upgrade, but that just means I can fit my power cord inside. I messed with a bunch of ideas for a place to put the power cord from a pocket on front to a strap on the side, but none worked out quite right...part of the problem is the proportions since the netbook is so small. I'll revisit that issue when I make my husband a new one, his is bound to wear out some time since it gets so much use :)




Hopefully my computer will cooperate enough for me to get more posted this week. I will be one busy bee!

No comments:

Post a Comment