Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Security Blankets

Alright, I know you can't really choose what your child gets attached to. I know, really I do. But that doesn't mean I can't try! I wanted to make a set of blankets for the little lady. Small. Simple. Soft. You get the idea. So after reading about this double cotton gauze fabric that sounded perfect, I decided to order some and see what I could do. I got a half yard each of two fabrics by Nani Iro and after washing them up, cut out 4 20" squares, paired them up, and rounded the corners.

Now the binding was an adventure. I wanted to bind them because I like the look, and this gray organic cotton is just perfect, but I was worried about hand stitched holding up if she actually does take to them. So I decided to try machine binding using the tutorial over on Red Pepper Quilts. It did not go well. It's okay though, it will work and I'm sure she won't care.


I love love love the fabrics. The florals are so pretty and the polka dots, well is there really anything that needs to be said about polka dots? I figure even if she doesn't care, they will make cute doll blankets or something so it's all good.

I have recently completed 2 knitting projects that I will share soon, and the top of my little folks quilt is done. Now I just have to do a little piecing detail on the back, sandwich it and figure out how I want to quilt it. And of course I have some scrapbooking to do....did you know valentines day is less than a week away? Eeek! I better get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment