Monday, March 12, 2012

Sunday Sewing {results}

Well hey there Monday, where did you come from? Going away for a weekend always makes me confused come Monday. But here we are and the weekend was just lovely involving a trip to the zoo, a quilt shop and some family time. I must say I am enjoying this spring weather. I don't know if it will last, but we are taking advantage of it while we can. That said, I actually did get some naptime sewing in yesterday and it felt good.

Last week I started making a purse. One of those things that has been on my to-do list for ages, I just needed a kick in the pants to do it. And of course I decided on Wednesday that I needed a bag to come with us on our journey {which started Thursday morning}. I knew which pattern I wanted to try {this one} so I got to work picking out some fabric, determined to use something I had. I even ran out to get some rings and foam for it. But alas, it was not to be done before we left. I had it about halfway finished and picked it up yesterday and got it done.



I didn't use heavy stabilizer since I didn't have any, but just used some interfacing and heavier outer fabric, so it's not as sturdy as it might have been, but it's not too bad. I also added an extra pocket on the other side. My final feeling is: it's okay. It's cute, but not amazing and I'm not sure how much I'll use it. Maybe I'll find someone to give it to.

The other thing I finally made, that I have been wanting to make for ages, was a small zip wallet with an ID holder. I used this tutorial and changed the pocket on the back to the other direction and used a snap instead of elastic. I also ended up not using batting and quilting the back side since I didn't want it to be any thicker. There are a lot of imperfections (poor snap placement for example), but I love it and it is already loaded up and in my clutch.





So that was my weekend. How was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment