Wednesday, March 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday {3.28.12}

It's Wednesday again! We are having a pretty rough week around here, but I am hoping things will be getting better from here. It has been one of those weeks where I was wishing for Friday by mid-morning on Monday, so I'm amazed that the week is only half over, but that gives me more time to sew, right?? Let's see how I did...

Completed:

Carry-on Bag

Technically not completed until I hand stitch down a couple inches of the lining, but close enough! I will post it in full on Friday after I get some pictures, but this is a little sneak peek. I am so in love with it!

Skill Builder - block 27 

A wonky fan block. I learned that I don't do wonky as well as I'd like and my free hand curves are almost better then the ones I use templates for. Go figure. 


New:

Cosmic Burst QA

This kicks off next Friday at Distant Pickles and my fabrics are all picked and ready to go! I'm pretty excited :)

Toddler Vest
I think I settled on fabric after I realized I didn't have enough of the one I had planned on and the pattern is all cut and ready. I will be using this tutorial and hopefully making it this week.

Still Going:


Granny Squares





 15 blocks done. I am planning 10 more and then I'll have to find something else to do with 2" squares since I am positive this will not use all of them. I love them so far.

Echo Kaleidoscope
On hold until I figure out a back.

Tova Tunic


The front is done. It's not very impressive....I had a bit of hard time with it and it's a bit puckery...but I am hoping it comes out wearable. I am looking forward to the next part when it becomes more of an actual shirt so I'll have a better idea how I'm doing.

Scrappy triangles

I haven't touched this one this week. But I did take a {terrible} picture of my stacks. I don't think they look quite as big in this picture as they do taking over my shelf....

Waiting:

*dresden toddler quilt
*toddler swoon quilt


I didn't do too bad. I have high hopes for this week, but who knows with the way things are going. I am hoping to finish my granny squares, work on my tova and whip up a toddler vest. The idea is that if I get all that done, I can start to work on my triangles sometime soon. We'll see how things go.


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. Great projects. Love the granny squares.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely projects, your granny squares are really colourful & your scrappy triangle pile looks mammouth!

    ReplyDelete