Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday {3.7.12}

Well, here we are, Wednesday again. And I can't seem to decide if this week has flown by or dragged. A bit of both I suppose. But it's been a good one. Thanks to a good chunk of sewing time this weekend, I got a lot done and I am so excited about it. It makes up for the fact that this weekend will have no sewing as we are doing a bit of traveling for a few days to visit family.

On to the good stuff!

Completed:

Mini Quilt

I am so in love with this little mini. It certainly makes the dining room a happier place :)

Echo quilt top

I had really just planned to get this cut out and maybe start piecing, but thanks to the previously mentioned extra time, I actually got the entire thing done between Friday and Monday. I love love love it. It might be my favorite. I used the Kaleidoscope qal from don't call me betsy. Now I just need to figure out what to do for the back.....

Crib guard

This was one of those necessary projects since my child apparently aspires to be a woodchuck or something. Started and finished in less than an hour and so far seems to be working beautifully. She'll figure it out soon enough I'm sure since it just ties on, but maybe by then she'll stop eating her crib....



Still Going:

Broken Diamonds

I now have the backing/binding/batting for this one, so next week I hope to get it basted figure out how I'm going to quilt it {suggestions are welcome!}.

Waiting:

*scrappy triangles {I will hopefully start cutting soon}
*dresden toddler quilt


 All in all, a great week of progress. This week should be a lot less....as in, I don't know if I'll get to do much of anything, but that's alright. And I am pretty much dreading time change + toddler, but I suppose we will survive. I hope everyone has a great week!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Great progress! Love your kaleidascope! You can see where the pattern got its name on you version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how versatile that kaleidoscope pattern it. It looks excellent with echo and gray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe - I had one that ate the crib too. Cute solution though! I absolutely LOVE the echo quilt top. It's A-MA-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee hee- I love the crib guard - that's hilarious. Gratefully I have been spared that particular issue so far - knock on wood.

    ReplyDelete