Monday, January 13, 2014

for the littles

What a week! I feel like I have been going non-stop recently and while it's been fun, I think I could use a break. I managed to make an entire quilt and get it in the mail and make some pony club blocks, both of which I will be back to share in the near future. For now, I continue playing catch up.

Today I am going to show off some of the things I've made for my littles recently.

First up, panties. Did you know that the selection of little toddler panties kind of stinks? Because I can assure you that it does. After coming across a pattern by that darn cat on etsy and hearing such wonderful things about it,  I bought it and collected some fabric. It is such a fun way to use up knit scraps and we had so much fun coming up with combinations! I almost can't wait until she needs the next size! And yes, my 3 year old has pink skull panties :)





Then I made some slippers for both of them.I found this great toms inspired tutorial for all different sizes, so I started with the toddler ones which I purchased the pattern pack for to try to get the right size. They did not turn out well. I mean they are cute, but they are huge! She wears them anyway, but still! The baby ones came out a little better and fit her feet, but the elastic in the center was rubbing and turning her skin red so we discontinued those pretty quick. A bummer all around I would say, but oh well, you can't win them all....






perhaps the biggest and most exciting of all was the suitcase that I made! It is the sidekick suitcase by sew fearless and I love it! The perfect size for her little self and it held all her clothes beautifully while we traveled. It was no easy feat, that's for sure, but oh so satisfying when it was done! The hardest part was pushing through the canvas stuff at the end for stability, but otherwise it was pretty straightforward. I'm a little in love with it, not gonna lie.





Those are the big things I wanted to make note of. I still have a small post of gifts given coming up and then let the new year makes begin! 


1 comment: