Monday, May 5, 2014

stripes, lots of stripes

That's what I have been knitting. And let me tell you, I find few things as motivating to knit as some good stripes. Somehow, you can always make just one more. It took me about 2 weeks to knit up this awesome rayures cowl. Seriously, once I started I just couldn't stop. Always one more stripe, always wanting to add the next color.



I learned a few new things too, such as a provisional cast on (not so bad) and grafting the ends together (terrible). Other then that it was just straight knitting, round and round and round. The yarn I used is a wool from Quince & Co called finch and I love it so much. I am trying to figure out what I can use the rest for actually (mittens perhaps?). The final join gave me a lot of trouble though and looks pretty terrible. Which is okay since I will just wear that as the back, but it still bothers me a bit. That was my only complaint with the pattern actually, there was no guidance at all for that part, not even a website to reference so it was just me a google. And while I would have sworn I was following the directions exactly, it is not a smooth, seamless join at all. 




Otherwise, it is a pretty perfect cowl. It is just the right length I think and is nice and snug when wrapped twice, without being suffocating and I am just in love with the colors. I am choosing to ignore the fact that it will be many months before I can actually wear it, but at least I'll be ready, right?? I've already started working on a little sweater for the babe that I want her to wear for thanksgiving or something, so hopefully that will be done by the end of the month and then I have a cross stitch pattern to try, and with any luck, I will start my first sweater this summer! I can't wait and I really want to be able to wear it this fall/winter if I can make it that fast. I am a little scared, but I already have the {super amazing} yarn and everything, so it needs to happen.

Does all this knitting talk bore you? Fear not, I am still doing a bunch of sewing and have even more to catch up on. In fact I am over halfway done my pony club top so I have hope that I really will finish that up this week along with a few smaller things. Soon though, I will be back with some clothes I've been making that I {finally} have some pictures of.

No comments:

Post a Comment