Friday, August 31, 2012

a knitting basket

Happy Friday! I am pretty excited about this long weekend and the visiting we get to do :) But before I get on the road, I thought I'd pop in and show you my sweet new knitting basket. I used a tutorial from 1/4" mark and I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.



Let's see, for the circle I used an embroidery hoop (10" I think) and I let my scraps lead me to the height (7"). I really should have sucked it up and put another row on to make it a little taller, but it still looks good. The instructions were clear and easy to follow. I did change the handle and put the two coming out of the top. Only I thought that the heavy canvas would be stiff enough to stand up on its own and clearly I was wrong. So I have droopy handles and learned my lesson; I should have added some interfacing. Oh well.




It fits my little socks perfectly. It's easy to tote around to work on them and unlike when I stick them in a bag, it doesn't get as tangled. They are going well by the way. The socks I mean. I am almost to the foot part where I just have to knit for 8 inches before doing the toe. So hopefully it won't be too long before I am done my first pair of socks. And if I'm lucky, they'll even fit. At the moment they seem a bit big, a little too wide I'd say, but I can't really tell yet.



Anyway, I'm off to sit in the car for too many hours with a toddler who doesn't sleep in cars. I sure hope traffic isn't too bad. Aside from all the car time, it promises to be a good weekend. I probably won't be back on here until Wednesday so I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment