Friday, August 24, 2012

Meet my new love...

Anyone remember a week or two ago when I mentioned I did something crazy? Yeah, well it was crazy, but I ordered a new sewing machine!! And it finally got here this week and I got to start playing with it.


Friends, I am in love. I didn't even realize how bad my old brother machine was, but boy is this an upgrade. I have been thinking about a new one for a while now and once again while quilting my skill builder I was frustrated and wishing I had a better machine (one with more throat space, better tension....you get the idea) and I was wistfully looking online when I found a sweet deal on a much nicer machine. It had everything I was looking for and then some. In some ways it is quite excessive (um, hello 225 stitches) but so far it is wonderful. It is so quiet and runs so smoothly, I am in happy shock every time I sit down to sew. 

She doesn't yet have a name, but we are bff already :)  And yesterday we worked on our first project together. Seriously, good times. I can't wait to see what else she can do. So far it has just been piecing, but I am looking forward to trying out some quilting today and sewing with some knits sometime soon. And I really can't wait to make an entire quilt with her, but I am not quite ready to start one yet. For now I am settling with these geese which make me happy every time I look at them. Good thing it will be a pillow cover for the couch!



So that's all, I just needed to share my excitement. I believe this weekend I can be found getting to know her more and ignoring just about everything else. Maybe. At least in my head. Have a good weekend everyone!

1 comment: