Monday, December 17, 2012

a hummingbird

It's finally moving day. And guys, I. am. tired. It has been so crazy trying to get it all packed up and organized, but it is over now. At least the packing part, we'll worry about unpacking another day.  I am hoping by New Years we will feel like we have a new home and be at least a little settled, but I guess we'll see how quickly it goes. We still don't even know exactly what date our things will be delivered and even after we go meet the truck, we'll be heading back to spend the holidays with our families. So we are still looking at over a week until we are officially moved in. *sigh* Fun but stressful.

Enough about my moving woes, on to the little bits of sewing I have managed to do recently. I am most proud of finishing that stinking needlepoint, so I thought I would show you the final product. I seriously dislike needlepoint I think. And I guess it looks okay in the end, but I certainly wouldn't like it for myself. Thankfully I think my grandparents will adore it, and clearly that is what matters.



I am glad it is done, especially since I bought it to make for them probably 5 years ago and never did. Once I realized it was needlepoint and I had no idea how to do it, it got shoved in a box. And now I can go ahead and never make another one :) I even had that perfectly sized frame sitting around! It was pretty impressive.

So that's that. I have a couple more things to put up here, hopefully this week. I have to really get to thinking about my goals for next year and do a little reflection on this one, but that is something I always look forward to. I can't believe there are only 2 weeks left of this year! Hopefully everything goes smoothly today and I'll have something pretty in progress to show you Wednesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment