Thursday, December 27, 2012

the final gift

I guess it's been weeks now, but this is the final gift I managed to get made this holiday season. It was for my mother and I am happy to be able to report that she loves it.


I used a pattern I have used a couple of times before, and I still love it. This time I lost my mind a little and decided that since I didn't have any single pieces big enough, it needed to be patchwork. and of course the squares needed to finish at 2". To be fair, I then got lazy and did solid pieces for the pockets, but that's okay. I used all home decor weight fabric that I had scraps of, and I still have way too much left. I probably should have quilted it a little more to make it sturdier, but it still works. I don't even know where the purple from the handles came from, but I was happy to find it. I used some damask that I still have lots of for the lining. I could have used it for the outer, but I didn't want it to match mine plus I would say my mom is more of a patchwork kind of gal.







So that's that. The next time I post it should be from our new southern home. I can't wait to be settled in and feel like we have a home again. Hopefully both the kid and the cat do alright on the long drive to a strange place.

No comments:

Post a Comment