Monday, December 31, 2012

the year ends

Here we are, somehow, at the very end of 2012. What a strange feeling. This year was such a mix; by far one of the most stressful years in recent memory, with lower lows then I could have imagined. It was a hard one, no two ways about it, but we are coming out the other side {I hope} and the coming year looks bright. I don't want to pretend there were not plenty of very good moments, though. Parenting a 2-year-old is hard, but so much fun and she is definitely a bright spot on even the hardest of days. We also had a truly lovely vacation, and lots of other good moments to get us through.

Through it all, my sewing kept me sane. I learned and developed so much this year, I find it kind of incredible.  I finished 16 (!!!!) quilts, and 3 of them were queen sized! To be fair, some of them were simply wrapped up this year, but still.



I really worked on learning, at least on a basic level, how to make clothes both for me, and the little one and I am looking forward to continuing with it. I made so many bags, both big and small, some pillows, and even found time to knit a few things. This is just a sampling of my favorites.



I am really pleased with all I accomplished this year, and while next year isn't entirely clear at this point as we are still getting settled into our new lives, I think it will be a big one. I have so many things I am itching to start, but I still need to finish setting up my craft space and get my thoughts in order so I'll be back with that one in a few days. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a wonderful time ringing in the new year! I can't believe tomorrow is 2013! Here's to a fantastic New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Guten Rutsch! I can't believe you made 16 quilts and all of them so lovely. My fave's still the Echo Kaleidoscope, though. To me it really stands out amongst all of them pretties. To more success and clothes sewing next year. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, lady! When you put it all together- you were a machine this past year!! Good luck on the move. Hope it goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete