Friday, January 18, 2013

have it all

Alright, so a wallet may not have been on my immediate to-do list, but rest assured I have been looking for the perfect wallet for approximately forever. And weeks ago I pinned the have it all wallet from the straight stitch society (their manifesto is fantastic by the way) and have been itching to make it ever since. Then the other day I saw Amanda's and it just pushed me over the edge and I just had to jump in and do it. I even fell in love with the pink/black thing she's got going on. Oh and I took a gazillion pictures, mostly because I wish I had seen more of what the pockets were like before I bought the pattern. Thankfully I ended up loving them, but in case someone else is wondering.



So I did it. And I love it. I mean LOVE it. Guys, it holds so.much.stuff. But in an organized sort of way, not a 'throw it all in your clutch and sort it out later' sort of way. And as if by magic (or a really good pattern if you'd prefer) it came out very near perfectly. My cards actually fit in the slots!! That never happens to me!! I really loved picking out fabrics, even though that probably took me longer than sewing it. I added little pops of pink inside the zip pocket and behind the card pockets, just to make me smile. And I used some chevrons for the zip pocket itself and I love it.





And for the record, I could totally use this as a clutch; my phone and chapstick fit perfectly and I added that nifty little d-ring there so I could slap on a strap and my keys. The only thing I changed was using a medium weight fusible on the outer pieces and not using the sew-in interfacing and it seems to have worked out just fine. I did add a button on top of the snap to jazz it up a bit since I only had plain snaps, but it wasn't the best idea since it makes it much harder to use the snap. It sure does look nice though! I really love how professional it looks!





It really is a spectacular pattern and I think I know what some upcoming gifts will be. Now I just need a nice new purse to go with it. Any pattern suggestions??? And now, since it is my birthday, I am going to go relax in my clean house, which I cleaned yesterday just so I could enjoy it today :)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Hope you're having a wonderful day! (The wallet is fabulous by the way - I love your fabric choices)

    ReplyDelete