Monday, January 14, 2013

I almost forgot!

Well hello again! It randomly occured to me the other day, while sitting on my couch looking at it, that I never shared the finished product of my husband's gift! I am kind of impressed that I forgot, but being all secretive for so long will do that to you I guess.

Anyway, I naturally found the idea on pinterest. And it was definitely one of those that looked like it would be easier than it was haha. It took sooooo long to make this stinking thing, and I even had help in the beginning. I knew I would have a hard time starting it on my own, I have a tendency to avoid things like this, and I didn't have a whole lot of time that he wasn't home, so I enlisted my dear friend to help me. I did it pretty much exactly like in the tutorial, but I used a regular sharpie after testing it out. It seems to wash fine so that is good and I already had one. I will say, though, that the fabric sure eats the ink! I went through like 5 markers for this thing! To be fair, it is an 18x18 pillow case, but still.




I decided it needed to be like my cathedral windows pillow since it is the matching pillow form, so I made it the same size and with the envelope closure and all that. I used some Essex Linen for the main part and a fantastic black and white print, which escapes me at the moment, for the in between and binding on the back. The lyrics are our first dance song (the way I am, by ingrid michaelson) and it makes us happy every time we look at it. I wish the whole song would have fit, but I am happy I fit as much as I did. I had been looking for a nice way to have them around, without just typing them up and sticking them on the wall or something, so this was perfect. I admit it is definitely more of an anniversary type gift, but he has to take these things when I am inspired :)



So I think for real that this is the last of the gifts. I am still avoiding making my list for Wednesday, but I really really am going to make myself do it. I need to face the music. Maybe it's not as bad as I fear....

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I love the words. That really does look like it would of taken a long time.

    ReplyDelete