Monday, June 10, 2013

a divided basket

Good morning! Thanks to an uneventful weekend, I got quite a bit of sewing done! I guess really I just made a lot of small things, but that's alright, whatever feels productive! I am moving right along and finally decided that I am not going to be able to make everything on my list without stressing myself out, so I've figured out what the most important/simple/enjoyable things are and will probably go buy some of the rest. Which I always feel a little bad about if I know I could make it, but I know that it doesn't always cost less to make it and I need to keep what little sanity I have left, so there you go.

The biggest thing I worked on was this divided basket. I had been eying the pattern by Anna of noodlehead and finally decided it would be perfect to go inside the ikea cart we are using for baby storage. It turned out that if I had made it full size it would have been too long go fit the direction I wanted it to go, so I just went ahead and made it shorter. I took about 1.75 off of each pattern piece and left everything else the same. While it definitely changed the proportions a bit, it worked out really well and I am super happy with it. Plus, it fits in the cart!



I used a dumb dot print for the pocket and the handles, the blue is from peacock lane I think and some yellow pearl bracelets for the lining. It makes me so happy and I can't wait to take over it for myself when baby is done with it ;) I have no idea what exactly I am going to put in it, but clearly that is beside the point. I did use fusible fleece for the exterior pieces, along with some decor bond because that's what I had. The decor bond was a bit much for the handles, but they are certainly sturdy and I love how nice it made the divider.



Another thing off the list! I am actually done the hooded towels, as many wash cloths as I am going to do right now and the wipes, and I have a couple of other things ready to go. I am still waiting on some fabric too so once I get that I will really be in business! There is hope that all this stuff will get finished!!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great and I love the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The fabric is fabulous, so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete