Friday, June 21, 2013

super tote!

You may or may not have noticed that I have been totally into the noodlehead patterns recently. First the divided basket and now this awesome super tote. I knew from the first pattern glimpse that I would be buying this pattern. I just love me a good tote and the little pleat that the top, perfection.

I had a really hard time with fabric selection. The main part is a birch organic cotton canvas from fabricworm which I like, but it is definitely not as saturated as I thought the color would be, so I was a little bummed about that. I would have used the essex yarn dyed linen in black for the rest of the exterior peces if I'd had enough, but I didn't and was not in the mood to order it and wait for more fabric, so I used that for the sides/top and added in some sketch. I did a pocket on either side since, ya know, I like pockets and it is a diaper bag and I did put a snap on each and didn't use piping. I do wish I had used more interafacing. I used the optional extra on the main panels since they were just quilting cotton but didn't on the linen or the canvas and I kind of wish I had, just so it had a bit more body. Lesson learned.



The interior was a mish mash of what I had on hand. I was just trying to make it work and used some echo and more sketch. We'll see how much use those interior pockets actually get since I tend to like to just stack everything in there, but it is a nice option to have. I do love the gray/navy/mustard color combo though, that makes me totally happy.




Overall, I love it. I think it will be a fantastic size (I just hope it will actually zip once I pack it up for real) and it is pretty stylish for a diaper bag. It's always good to have a bag I won't mind continuing to use later, and this is perfect since I would have made one for me anyway. I think that about covers it. Hope you all have a nice relaxing weekend. Oh, and happy Summer!!

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the noodlehead patterns too. Totally agree that the grey/mustard/navy colour combo is great. It is annoying when colours aren't quite what you expect though it happens a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so fancy! I love your fabric choices! You could totally use this one forever especially with that fabric choice, not too baby at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bag - really love the Echo with the grey fabrics you have used for this tote!

    ReplyDelete