Monday, March 17, 2014

serge all the things!

Alright, let's try this again. New week. Unfortunately we had to say goodbye to our cat on Friday and while we are terribly upset about it (he was my first baby! I have he pictures to prove it!) at least there is no question mark hanging over us anymore and he is not suffering. We are still not sleeping just yet, but we are, I think, on the right path and I have hope. Maybe just a sliver, but I have it. So I am just going to take that and run with it.

In an effort to distract myself this weekend, I finally got out one of my gifts from this past Christmas - a serger! I had been wanting one for ages and now that I have learned how to thread it and got it up and running, I love it! No kidding, this thing is awesome and makes finishing edges so much easier!



Obviously, I had to get going with this so I made something that has been on my list for a little while, a beach robe for the baby! I had been saving this old towel wrap, waiting for something that I could make out of it's limited fabric and finally, this was it. I used the pattern from Made and made the small 9-18 month size, short sleeve with partial ties. I barely had enough fabric, but I made it work. A couple packs of bias tape, a touch of zebra, and voila! I am so in love with it that I wish it was my size! And even though the towel is a bit worn, it now has a good second life. And finishing the edges with the serger was so much better than the zigzag. In case you were wondering, it does fit her and looks stinking adorable, but I had a pretty uncooperative model. Seriously, going to be the cutest baby on the beach! I can't wait!



Also, I have been working on a big kid wardrobe. I have so many things in the works; some dresses, a couple skirts, shorts, pjs, shirts....we really went through and got it all going. And this is part 1, I still have to figure out the knit things but I should be back with some of that soon. A bit of crochet even happened and I am done one more color, so only 2 colors (10 blocks) left to go! The end is in sight!!! Here's hoping for a better week!

No comments:

Post a Comment