Friday, July 6, 2012

A {late} birthday dress

Guess what?!?! I finished something! A small something, I admit, but that makes two finishes in one week and that feels impressive at this particular moment! Yesterday, I finally made a birthday dress for my baby girl. Clearly the fact that her birthday is past makes no difference, and at least she has a party coming up to wear it :)

I fell in love with the sweetheart dress pattern when I saw it on Pinterest (of course). It is from luvinthemommyhood and I knew right away it needed to be the birthday dress this year. Especially since it came with the 2T pattern I needed so I could save the step of drafting my own. I did alter it a little to make the sleeves more narrow, but that was pretty simple.





It was a bit complicated, but I made it through. It is my first lined bodice and I love the way it turned out. I will say it is a bit hard to get on her, but fits pretty perfectly once it is. I don't imaging it will fit for long, but hopefully she doesn't grow too much to wear it in the next week. I think her party theme is going to be circles so this fabric was perfect. And really I was too lazy to line the bodice with a different fabric, so it's all the same which is only a problem for seeing the heart on the back when she isn't wearing it. I love it though and she looks really cute in it. I only have one picture of her in it when I was trying it on for hem length, but that's okay, I'll be sure to get plenty of pictures next week.



Now I just have to really try to get my skill builder blocks all finished up. Sooner rather than later I hope. Hm, I actually have a lot to do in the next week before we head back to do some more family visiting. Here's hoping for a productive weekend!

1 comment: