Monday, July 9, 2012

Skill Builder Sampler: the final blocks!!


Here it is, the last group of blocks for the skill builder sampler! I can't believe it is finally here. I have decided not to think about putting them all together at this moment and just bask in the glow of being done all 36 blocks. And the last 3 were crazy!



Block 34:Surveyor's Compass or New York Beauty. I love this block. Just love. There are so many stinking pieces and it took me forever, but the end result is so worth it.


Block 35: Feathered Star. This block was a pain. I did the paper pieced version and it was still a pain. Putting that center square in was a beast!


Block 36: Alice Brooks Butterfly. This one is pretty cool and definitely not one I would have ever tried otherwise. It was really not as bad as I was afraid it would be so that was a nice way to finish. It is not perfect, but I like it.


I am glad to have these 3 behind me! When I was all finished, I tried laying them all out together so I could see it and they didn't fit on my living room floor very well, so I had to settle for a collage from the individual photographs. I have started thinking about layout but I need to do some measurments first and figure out if I have enough fabric and everything.



Oh, and in case you are wondering. Remember how I said I didn't have much fabric left? Well here is a picture of all that remains of my 12 half yards. Crazy!



So that's that. No more blocks to make, just a quilt to put together. I am so excited for this quilt top. I am hoping that next week I can get started on it, but who knows. I want it done by the end of the month anyway if I can manage it. I guess we'll see! Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about the feathered star - seriously a pain, but it definitely looks good. Your blocks look fabulous all together!! The small pieces of scraps made me smile. I'm in the same boat. I'm going to have to buy more fabric to finish off the last of my Skill Builder quilts, too.

    ReplyDelete