Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WIP Wednesday {9.26.12}

Good morning and happy Wednesday! Halfway through the week *whew* This week is dragging and we are pretty tired around here, but we are making it through and I have two finished quilt tops this week! And both of them are destined for some new FMQ practice I think. Also, sorry about the bad pictures this week, I didn't make it outside to get any good ones so I had to work with what I could.

Completed/Still Going:

tragic kingdom

I am finished this top. It is definitely smaller than I wanted it to be but I don't have enough scraps for another row and I am pretty burnt out on these blocks anyway. I haven't decided on the back yet and I need more batting, but I do have some quilting ideas.


echo baby quilt

This was so quick and easy once I figured out how I wanted to cut the scraps. I finally decided on 6" and 3" squares all mixed together and I love it. I am going to use a gray flannel for the back. It is only 36" square, but it will be a perfect little floor blanket or one for the car/stroller. I already decided on my quilting for this one I think and I am excited to get going. I'll probably baste it today and get to work.


New:

nothing. I just focused on finishing these tops up and haven't let anything else creep in.


Waiting:
*wedding quilt - I have started getting ideas together and will soon be gathering fabric :)
*baby quilt - still an idea just waiting for me to come play. Once I find the perfect fabric I will be on my way.

Believe it or not, that's all I've got right now. There is nothing else that I am really ready to start. I'm sure there will be soon enough though, so I'll just try to finish these up in the meantime. I do have a few vague plans, but I'm in no rush. Which reminds me, I need to actually make my list of holiday gift ideas....maybe I'll aim to do that this week. In any case, I hope everyone is having a good week!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



6 comments:

  1. Tragic Kingdom is beautiful. I've admired this pattern before, was it difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both quilts! I am also having that love hate thing this week too where it seems to drag on a bit. Hope things start to pick up as far as the dragging week goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful! Could you add a border or something to Tragic Kingdom to make it the size you were envisioning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, finally ideas for the wedding quilt! I'm curious! Obviously I love what the Echo scrap quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does FMQ stand for?
    I have material and want to give the spider web pattern a try.
    We've been tied up and exhausted keeping 5 grandkids for the past week.
    As a homeschool parent for 13 years, it's been super hard on me getting all 5 of them up early and off to school.....then to have to pick them up later too. Plus they don't go to school anywhere close to our house.

    ReplyDelete