Friday, March 22, 2013

sew and go

So presumably I am off having a lovely time with my sewing peeps at Sew South right now. But, I thought you all deserved to know about my ongoing obsession with the book Liberty Love. Oh sure, it started with the marcelle medallion, but it has snowballed a little. I made no-sew fabric flowers which I will present with the clutch they are made to be on, and this lovely sew and go organizer.

Now this project is not for the feint of heart. At least I don't think so. I guess it wasn't hard, but it had a lot of pieces and I am never a fan of super stiff interfacing although I do appreciate what it can do. Working with metal chain was a first for me too and for once I feel lucky I got the snaps in the right places and they actually work. In the end, it was totally worth it though and I love the way it turned out. It took me forever to pick fabrics but it is so bright and cheery and fit my things perfectly.

So here it is empty






and after I filled it up.






My only issue at this point is that if I don't keep it upright, things will fall out of it. We'll see how much of an issue that really is. Also I really should have used the ribbon width the pattern recommended, but I found this one and it was perfect so it is a bit skinny, but it works. I pretty much love it though, and I am glad I got it done in time to bring with me. Anyway, I'll be back next week! Happy Weekend!!

1 comment: