Friday, March 29, 2013

bits and pieces

I don't know if it's coming back from a long weekend away or the fact that we have guests coming for like the next week, but my attention span has been rather.....short this week. And all over the place if I'm honest. But, that has not stopped me from at least working on a few things.

I managed to get my lilly belle quilt all quilted and trimmed. But now I have to figure out a binding, so I don't know when it will be finished. I have a couple ideas, but I just don't know!



In the mean time, I am working on a back for my marcelle medallion quilt. I have the voile that I am planning to use, I just need to do it. Then again, I also need batting and some hand quilting supplies, so I guess there isn't really any hurry. Except that I have discovered that even though this baby bump is small, it is already getting a bit hard to be crawling around on the floor to baste and trim and such. So I guess I am really racing against the bump. I didn't realize it would happen so soon, since last time I wasn't really quilting much yet. I guess that makes these upcoming months good for smaller projects that I have been putting off forever. And thankfully baby things, even quilts, are pretty small.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. This weekend I think will hold some major rearranging of furniture around here, so I'm pretty excited about that. Who knows how much sewing the next week will hold, but I really do hope I can get the binding on that quilt and maybe at least baste the marcelle medallion so I can start hand quilting (eek!!!) soon. Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment