Monday, June 16, 2014

sweet baby wrap sweater {a first}

Lately, I have been a little obsessed with always having a hand project going on that I can work on while on the couch or bed or wherever I happen to be relaxing with the people I love. I really dislike EPP, so mostly it's been knitting lately (although the current is a cross stitch, more on that another day).

I decided before she was born that the babe needed a sweater. Keep in mind I have never knit a sweater before, but clearly that is beside the point. I have had this book, Easy Baby Knits, for a long time and have made a couple things out of it, but until now, I hadn't gotten brave enough to try a sweater. Let me just say, I think knitting sweaters is scary, a fear I am very hopeful of conquering this year. All that work and it has to end up actually fitting someone! But anyway, I had this yarn that I had gotten from my dad and it seems a perfect match for the wrap top pattern in the book. I had enough to make the 18-24 month size, which will hopefully fit this fall. It was a lot of firsts for me and I am proud that I made it and that it looks like it is supposed to. It only took me a little over a month, which is making pretty good time for me, especially considering this has been waiting to be made for....at least 10 months I think and I had to change the size so it would be for this year instead of last haha. If you want more info, it's on my ravelry page.





With that done, the next knitting item is a sweater for me. Pattern and yarn are already on hand and I am just trying to get this cross stitch done, and hopefully I can join in with the summer sweater knit along at Very Shannon. I doubt I'll get it done in their time frame, but it would be so nice to have a handmade sweater to wear this fall/winter. Anyway, that's my knitting news. Next time: quilting news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment