Friday, June 25, 2010

Stacked Coins Quilt

This quilt was quite a drawn out project. I started it back in October and actually got the whole thing pieced and then didn't get around to sandwiching/quilting/binding until...well until May I think. When I started it, I had hoped it would be the first quilt for our baby, not yet knowing that I was actually pregnant and I am thrilled that it worked out that way. It is nice and bright and cheery and very gender neutral. It has a lot of white in it though, so I anticipate a lot of stains. It also crosses a quilt off my list! Anyway, it was really easy to make and the pattern is from the moda bake shop by crazy mom quilts. I used a jelly roll of fabric instead of the charm packs and it worked really well and I have enough scraps to eventually make a matching patchy pillow I think. The fabric is from connectingthreads.com, but it is a collection from last summer and the name escapes me right now....Rivera maybe? This is a quilt that I had initially wanted to stipple, but that was not working out so I decided to do a grid instead....which despite my best efforts is wonky anyway. But hey, it gives it character! The sashing is actually all done with a white sheet from Ikea and I was worried about how it would wash and turn out, especially with the other nicer fabric, but it is great. I also really think the turquoise binding makes it :) So here it is:




No comments:

Post a Comment