Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Diaper Bag

I don't know if this is a sign of things to come, but amazingly enough I have already collected 3 "diaper bags" and this child is not even born yet. To be fair, one was a gift, one was on sale yesterday in target and I made the other one before I had any idea about the other two. I put it in quotes because 2 out of the 3 actually just look like regular bags (and the one from target is) so at least they will be useful outside of baby world. I guess we'll see what ends up working the best and for now I choose to look at it simply as being prepared :)

Anyway, before I had my shower and got the one diaper bag (thanks sissy!) I kept looking for one that I liked that didn't look like a crazy piece of vinyl or ugly baby fabric with a bazillion puffy pockets that, if filled, would definitely cause permanent shoulder damage. I found nothing that I really liked and the few that I did think were nice were way expensive (at least in my opinion....maybe $100+ won't seem like so much some day...). So naturally I started looking at patterns to see if there was anything I could make myself. One day I found it! The perfect bag that is simple yet spacious and best of all, the pattern was free. I modified it a bit to put a few more pockets inside and attempted to elasticize the tops of said pockets but it's not really tight enough to do anything I'm pretty sure. I think it's smaller than the other bags I have so I figure it will be perfect for those shorter trips where I don't need quite as much. I love it and would definitely use it as a tote if not a diaper bag so I think that's a big win. I'm sure it will get lots of use in the upcoming years :)






I also made a matching changing pad and some wet bags which will be upcoming posts so stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment