Monday, February 4, 2013

Another week

Here we are at the beginning of another week. I have high hopes for this week. If I am really lucky, I will have a weekender bag at the end of it, we'll see how quickly I can get it together. I finally got what I needed on Friday so I have the piping made and am ready to start construction. I am really hoping it is not too painful. Making piping was not nearly as scary as I was afraid it would be. I will write more about the process when I am finished, but let me just say that I used one FQ to make all the bias tape I needed for my piping as per this tutorial. It was amazing. Anyway, here is a little picture of how far I've gotten. I sure hope it comes together well!



In other news, I did make my house block for Sew South. It is less than 2 months away and I am so stinking excited!! I'm planning on starting my sample swap items soon, but this needed to be done first. I opted for a nice simple house block in solids since most other people seem to be making busy and wonky ones. Hopefully it will look nice in the quilt!



And I guess that's about all that is going on at the moment. I am planning on {finally} buying some fabric for one of the wedding quilts I need to make, so that will be good. And I even printed out some pictures to make a smash book for the vacation we took last spring! I still have a lot to pick out, but I started and that is huge. I am hoping that will give me a push to actually make the first year scrapbook for my 2.5 year old. I would really like that done before she is 3 haha. I have an awful lot to do, but I am trying to take it one thing at a time and not overwhelm myself. First, the weekender!

1 comment: