Friday, January 20, 2012

Embroidery 101: blocks 1-3

I am finally really working on it. My embroidery 101 quilt that is. This quilt along was run over at Clover and Violet over the summer and it was on my to-do list even then. I put together the blocks ages ago and never got around to doing the embroidery part, but now it is on my finish-by-the-end-of-the-month list. The problem was that I was saving it as a project to work on at night while sitting around watching things, but there were too many other things to do instead. So I've been spending some afternoons working on it. Now that I am into the 4th block, I thought I would share the first 3. I am really loving them so far.

At this point, I have done: backstitch, french knot, running stitch, satin stitch, lazy daisy, and stem stitch. I'm not great at all of them, but I'm working on it. My satin stitch has gotten worlds better! Here they are!


I am just loving it! I don't know what I am going to do with this one yet, I have a few people in mind to give it to, so we'll see. I think today I'll be trying to finish up number 4. With a bit of luck, this weekend I'll get caught up on skill builder blocks, make some slippers and keep embroidering. And at this rate, I only need a few more movie nights to finish my Farmer's Wife quilt! Happy Weekend!

1 comment: