Friday, April 6, 2012

Skill Builder Sampler: The wonky blocks

It just occured to me that I never posted about this batch of skill builder blocks. What with Leila taking a break since she was sick and all that, it has been a while. This set of blocks was wonky blocks. I really really like wonky blocks but it is not something I am naturally good at. I am working on it, but I still have a ways to go apparently. Anyway, the blocks!


Block 25: Wonky Log Cabin
This was a pretty fun block. In the end, I don't love my fabric choices, but it still came out nice. I would like to do an entire quilt of these someday I think. 



Block 26: Wonky Stars
Since I just recently did my Stars for Edie quilt which is all wonky stars, using the same tutorial no less, I decided to mix it up a bit. I used the stargazing block from Modern Blocks and I love it. That itty bitty on in the corner is my favorite. I think I would love an entire quilt of tiny star blocks. Luckily, I am not crazy enough to do it....yet.... I love this block though, it is definitely among my favorites.


Block 27: Wonky Fan
Yeah, this is where I can tell that I do not tend toward wonky. Even my free hand curves came out almost as even as when I try! I tried to make it wonky, but I guess I need to go a little more drastic with it next time. It's a nice block though.


And that's that. I believe next (today in fact) we start on odd shapes. I am looking forward to it. Only 9 more blocks to go in this sampler, I can hardly believe it! And now, I'm off to enjoy the weekend!


1 comment:

  1. I love your color palette and how you fussy cut the little bird for the middle of your wonky log cabin. Your stars turned out great, too! I so want to try Elizabeth Hartman's Sparkle Punch quilt. I've got fabric and everything, I just need to get towards the end of my to-do list ;-)

    ReplyDelete