Wednesday, October 10, 2012

WIP Wednesday {10.10.12}

Is anyone else a little excited that tomorrow is 10.11.12? My husband thinks I am nuts, but I am pretty excited about it. I just like cool dates, I can't help it! Well anyway, I've pretty much switched from quilt mode back into making a bunch of smaller things so I have quite a bit done this week. I am looking forward to a quilt I have coming up, but before then I am trying to knock out a bunch of gifts so they are done. I am sure that when December comes I will still be scrambling, but for now I am in no rush and am just enjoying getting it done, the way gift making should be :)

Completed:

tragic kingdom



Finally done and I am in love!

pleated clutch

Gift for my mother-in-law. I am so happy with how it turned out!

tiny messenger bag

For my cousins daughter. I got this heather ross fabric specifically for this and I think {hope} she loves it. I'll post more about this one later.

zip pouch

Using the tutorial at Noodlehead. A birthday gift for a sweet friend.


New:

getaway bag

Gift for my father-in-law. I am trying out quilting instead of interfacing this time. We'll see how it goes. It is all quilted and cut and I am going to start putting it together today. Hopefully it isn't too painful.

napkin set

This is for one of my husband's cousins who is getting married in December. I kind of want to keep them. Just looking at the pile makes me happy and I almost don't want to cut into it. I will have to make myself do it though, hopefully this week.

Still Going:

lilly belle

I got some pearl cotton for my first hand quilting adventure. I don't know when I'll get to start it though since I still have no batting/backing.

Waiting:
*wedding quilt -I think I know what I am going to do. But it might have to wait until I knock out some gifts....
*wedding quilt II- I know exactly what I am going to do, I just need to find out what colors would be preferred.
*baby quilt - still an idea just waiting for me to come play. Once I find the perfect fabric I will be on my way. Someday....


After that I need to figure out what exactly is next. I have a nice list of things to make, but we'll see what I am feeling. I also think I am going to be working on a special quilt soon but I am waiting for details to be finalized. Right now I am just hoping I make it through this getaway bag. I can't believe I am going to have all these things made and sitting around for a couple of months, that is so unlike me! Ah well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts. I hope everyone has a lovely week!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. That little messenger bag is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spiderweb quilt! It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have to ask - where did you get that Mickey fabric?! I am a Disney FREAK and I've been wanting to make a bag to take with me on our next vacation. This looks perfect (and grown up enough!).

    Beautiful bags and I love that Tragic Kingdom quilt. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Tragic Kingdom looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your the nerd who loves when the clock says 12:34 aren't you? Haha. I am excited to watch your hand quilting endeavors! Good luck. And super cute messenger bag too. Happy sewing!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tragic Kingdom is...simply...amazing!

    ReplyDelete