Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday {10.24.12}

It just occurred to me that I only have week until Halloween. Hm, I didn't realize I was in crunch time already. Hopefully I can find what I need and get it done. Really I spent this week working on my new quilt project, and it feels like it is pretty slow going. It's fun though.

Completed:

texty geese pillow

Done and in the gift pile. I do still kind of wish I could keep it, but I am going to be strong.

New:

feathers!

This is my commissioned quilt. I made 2 blocks to see how it went together and how it looked and honestly, I love it. Now I am trying to do the rest more assembly line style so I can get it done more quickly. It is going to be queen size so I need 57 blocks. I am pretty excited to see this one grow. I am hoping by next week to have all the strippy feather pieces cut out so I can start cutting out the rest of the pieces. It is a pretty long process though, so we'll see.

halloween costume
I have no picture because I have no fabric. But, I do know what I am going to do and it should be quick. She already has a tiger mask and tail so I am just going to make a vest out of tiger fleece {if I can find it} and she can wear that. I just hope I can get what I need.

chair redo

I got this chair from my in-laws because we need a new desk chair {our folding chair broke} and they had this one sitting around. The cats obviously got to it so it needed work. It is already taken apart and it is waiting for a paint job and new cushion. I think it is going to be pretty fantastic. This is going to be my project for the second half of this week while the weather is nice. I have never done anything like this so it is an adventure.



Still Going:

lilly belle
Yep, still need a back and some batting before I can do anything with this, and then I'll need hand quilting supplies. So maybe one of these days I will get around to it. 


Waiting:
*wedding quilt -I think I know what I am going to do. But it might have to wait until I knock out some gifts....
*wedding quilt II- I know exactly what I am going to do, I just need to find out what colors would be preferred.
*baby quilt - still an idea just waiting for me to come play. Once I find the perfect fabric I will be on my way. Someday....


So really just a chair, a halloween costume and a quilt to work on right now. The husband will be away for a couple of days this week/weekend so I am hoping to have the chair done by the time he gets back so he can use it at his desk.  I may or may not also start working on the husbands gifts while he is gone. If I have time. Either way it should be a crazy week, and hopefully not a bad one alone with a toddler for days. Wish me luck!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Feathers are very cool. 57 blocks is a lot of feather! Do we have a specific fabric picked out for the chair cushion? Great pillow too - I like the solid geese on texty fabric.
    cheers!
    -k

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pillow is really cool! And I love those feathers!

    ReplyDelete