Monday, November 26, 2012

A hummingbird

Well I'm back, and of course more tired then when I left. Still, I am feeling ready to tackle everything, so that's good. 3 weeks from today our house will be packed up and the move will happen, so I am feeling the crunch. I am going to start out easy today with some napkins to get me started, and so that I can mail them to the bride and groom. I am hoping to mail them out this week so I need to get on it.

While we were away, I spent a lot of time chilling on my mother-in-laws couch working on a needlepoint. I have had this thing for years, but when I bought it, I thought I was buying cross stitch or something. Then I found out it was needlepoint, which I have no idea how to do so I tucked it away. In my cleaning, I found it and decided to make it for the original recipient I had in mind.



I didn't do too bad. It feels like I have been working on it forever and it should be done by now, but there are a lot of stitches in those 5 square inches. I got the bird completely done and the bigger flower almost done. I am going to try and finish it up pretty quickly if I can. Because really, when it comes down to it, I think I really dislike needlepoint. I don't know why; I mean I like cross stitch which is fairly similar, but I really dislike it so I really just want it done and out of my way. I think it is the colored canvas which I find really hard to follow.

I also managed to get a few hexies basted while we were gone, but I don't have a picture of those yet. I have really missed my regular sewing time though, so I am really looking forward to getting back to that today. I hope everyone had a lovely holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment