Friday, November 30, 2012

friday things

Ahhhh!!! Tomorrow is December!!!! Now that I got that out of the way, I did something ridiculous this week. I had been planning on quilting the feathers quilt one day when my husband was home so he could take the little one and I could really focus and get it done. And he came home the other day and told me that I could have all day Wednesday to quilt and he would take the little one out and to swimming lessons and such. I was so excited, and I got the whole thing done. That's right, an entire queen sized quilt quilted in one day. That is 7 hours of quilting in case you were wondering. And I am still super sore from it. In retrospect, I really should have spread it out a bit, but I am glad now that it is done and I can just work on binding. The only picture I can show is this one from my phone that I took while I was quilting. I promised no more sneak peeks until it is in the recipients hands.



I am loving it though. It came out so well! I am hoping to have it done and delivered in the next week.

In other news, I am slowly starting to pack up all my sewing stuff. I decided to start by refolding all my fabric and this is what I have done so far.



This is almost all of my quilting cottons, but unfortunately, my closet is still full of various other fabrics and yarn and all kinds of goodness, so I still have a ways to go. But isn't it just so pretty?!?! If only it would stay that way in the cabinet! Maybe I'll work on it some more this weekend. I am sad to see it packed up, but I know I won't be needing most of it for a while. I already have the stuff I'll be needing to finish piled around the house, so I should be good to go. Now that the monstrous quilt is finished I can focus on the other {smaller} things that need to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment