Friday, November 9, 2012

who doesn't love a zip pouch??

Happy Friday! I am still working my way through a pile of feathers (12/57 done!) but I thought I'd pop in with a few more pictures of the zip pouch I made a couple weeks ago now that the gift has been given. I used the tutorial from noodlehead, but I shrunk the smallest size by an inch each way. Honestly that was because I had a 9" zipper that matched perfectly so I needed it to be small enough to use that. It was a pretty quick and easy pattern and I love the finished bag. I think I am going to be making a larger one for myself soon. This was a birthday gift that I filled with candy and wrapped up all pretty. The birthday girl loves horses (animals, really) and the color green so this was just perfect for her.





Honestly, I am hoping to have the feather top done by the end of next week, but that might be a bit too ambitious. I need it done soon though. I promised it by christmas and since we are moving right around that time, it is a pretty solid deadline. Somehow I need to sneak in some other gift making too. I have been working on my knit hat though and I love it. It is a fun pattern that is going quickly and so far looks awesome. I think I might make one for me when I am done this one.

And now I am off for some much needed relaxation followed by a weekend with the in-laws. I hope I still get a little bit of sewing time, but I guess that remains to be seen. I think I will feel a whole lot better when these feathers are all done and I can move on to quilting. Anyway, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment