Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday {11.7.12}

Remember that time I was all calm and felt like I had plenty of time for gifts? Well that time is past and it is a good thing I have half of them done or I would be out of my mind by now. The panic is beginning already, but I am trucking along just trying to get everything done. Since I actually had some time to work on things yesterday I feel a little better, but man, so much to do.

Completed:

socks!!!


I finally finished my socks! Even though they are too big for me, I love them and my husband is already happily wearing them around the house :)


New:

husband gift

Here is my sneak peek. It is about halfway done. I don't know exactly when I am going to work on it, but hopefully soon.

hat 

Another gift. I am so in love with this yarn and I don't even know what it is. It is so soft and I know it is wool, but I lost the wrapper thing after I wound it. I think I am going to want to keep this. 

napkins
I finally went and bought fabric to try again on the texty rainbow napkins. I pre-washed this time so hopefully it will go well. When I eventually make them.


Still going:

feathers!

Finally all the pieces are cut! Today I am hoping to get them all matched up and start sewing. I am really hoping things start going a bit quicker now that the cutting is done.

lilly belle
Yep, still need a back and some batting before I can do anything with this, and then I'll need hand quilting supplies. So maybe one of these days I will get around to it. 


Waiting:

*wedding quilt -I think I know what I am going to do. But it might have to wait until I knock out some gifts....
*wedding quilt II- I know exactly what I am going to do, I just need to find out what colors would be preferred.
*baby quilt - still an idea just waiting for me to come play. Once I find the perfect fabric I will be on my way. Someday....

Coming up I have a bunch of things to make, but I need to finish figuring them out first. I know what I will be making my parents and have started slowly collecting supplies. I still need to figure out what I want to make for the little one. I am also trying to gather up some hand projects to do while we are visiting for holidays and moving. I figure some knitting and some epp should do it, maybe some cross stitch or something, I don't know yet. I am itching to start hand quilting, but I don't think that will be a good project for the car since it's pretty big. By next week I am really hoping that I have quite a few feather blocks finished, so wish me luck on that! Of course we have guests again this weekend...oh well, we'll see what I can mange.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment