Friday, July 1, 2011

travel high chair

A travel high chair is something I've been thinking about for quite a while. It started with this one that I considered buying, but just couldn't justify the money. I thought about trying to make one like it but never got around to it. I kinda forgot. Well with this upcoming trip it seemed like something that would be useful. I settled on a different design that I saw circulating online. I used the measurements I found over at Homemade by Jill, and put one together accordingly.

I debated fabric, and probably shouldn't have gone for such light colors since it is going to get messy, but as I was considering the fabric I had in my cabinet, I thought about this Nicey Jane combo and couldn't get it out of my head, so I went with it. It will wash and really, I'd rather have something cute get a bit dirty then something ugly to begin with ha.

Perhaps the two most important things I did (which hopefully will help in the long run) are: 1) I went through the trouble of actually sewing in the little middle attachment piece instead of just topstitching it in. I figure the double stitching should help reinforce it since it will be taking a lot of strain. It was a pain, but I think a good decision and 2) I used my 2" velcro instead of skinnier stuff. It really makes it sturdy and easy to put on and makes it much harder for her to get out of. It also folds up nice and small and will just slip into the diaper bag.




As you can see she was completely bent forward and it was having no problem containing her. We'll see how it works as we travel, but I'm excited. And I am pretty sure it will work on most chairs so we should be good to go.



And now, I'll see you in a couple days while I go relax and enjoy a weekend filled with birthday and 4th of July fun! I hope everyone has a good long holiday weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment