Friday, July 29, 2011

FWQAL week 2

As I mentioned Wednesday, I have gone a little nuts with the FW squares. Here I am with my second batch of 8, leaving me a mere 2 squares behind those who began the first week. Honestly, I don't know if I'll be able to do only 2 per week, I love them that much. My plan is to pick a day every week and work on them and however many I get done in the time I have will be it for the week. It could be 2, it could be 8. We shall see!

As far as blocks, a lot of this batch were pretty simple. For some reason, I don't love as many of them though. It's okay, they all look good together and that's what really counts.


#58 - Mother's Dream
This is of the ones that I switched the colors from what they were in the book. That would have had the lightest color (white for me) where the light purple is and that would have been the background. It might have been cooler that way, I don't know, but I like this and I figured light purple/dark purple is more like the tan/brown combo anyway.

#77 - Seasons
Love that green fabric.

#1 - Attic Windows
I was glad to need pieces big enough that you can see the large floral pattern at least a little :)

#30 - End of Day
The first rainbow block I did. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but the more I see it, the more I like it. I really like it with the other blocks too. I can't wait to throw some more rainbow blocks in!

#53 - Jackknife
I love this one. Bright and happy and the design is so cool.

#64 - Peace & Plenty
I like this design a lot. I like that depending on how I look at it I either see the pinwheel in the center or the little hour glasses.

#20 - Churn Dash
This one I actually like better not on point, but I think that's because I'm used to seeing it that way.

#86 - Squash Blossoms
This was probably the most difficult in this group and possibly my least favorite so far. I don't even know why the points aren't right on the small triangles on either side. I don't know if it's the fabric choices or what, but I just don't love it. Oh well. I also think it's kinda funny how each piece pretty much has one polka dot :)


Here are these 8 all together

And here are the 16 I have so far. It's going to be such a happy quilt :)


I don't know what I am going to do about laying them out (and photographing them) all together once I get too many more. There is no space in the house really and outside is a bit difficult, fighting with the breeze and all. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. If only I had space for a design wall....

No comments:

Post a Comment