Wednesday, July 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday {7.13.11}

Another week gone by. I've made some good progress on things, but most of them aren't quite completed. That's what this is all about though!

Completed:

Tote bag


It turned out so well. Better than expected really. The "M" really makes it :)

SBS Block 3

Definitely more subdued in color than the other two, but I like it. I had never made a churn dash block before so it was kinda cool. This quilt should be so interesting, I just love it.

Still Going:

Christmas Quilt

Not a great picture, but it's all I could get before my camera died

No longer pinwheels. I laid it out and didn't like it so after playing around with it, I decided on stripes :) I love it. I am so super glad I went with the stripes. The top is pieced and quilting is underway. Hopefully I will have it all quilted and the binding attached by this weekend and I can curl up with a couple good movies and bind this sucker! Maybe I'll have to name it Christmas in July.

Swoon

I just couldn't wait anymore and had to test out a block to see what it looks like. First of all, I love love love the swoon pattern. It's great. The big block is awesome and has such an impact and it is really not that difficult. As for the colors/fabric, I don't mind the blue as much as I thought I would, but I am concerned that a few of the blocks have a similar blue as one of the colors and I just hope it doesn't get lost in the background too much. We'll see. I'll probably hold off on making more until I am done my christmas quilt, and then this will be my main project. Since ideally I want it done by the end of August. We'll see.


Hexies

Nada. This will probably be ignored for a while.


Skill Builder Sampler

I am debating whether I want to do the challenge block for this week. I am thinking yes if I can figure out what to do. Maybe I'll get to work on that today at some point.


New:

Table cloth

Inspired by this. Made with this. I just have to stop being lazy and get more binding....I didn't realize it was more than 3 yards around and I haven't felt like going back to Joann's yet. It is still on the table though, even with only 3/4 of the binding around ha. Maybe today or tomorrow I will get going and finish it.

Farmers Wife

I got sucked in! It's not my fault! I tried to resist, but they are so pretty (thank you flickr group)! And I just had visions of rainbow/white dancing in my head, I couldn't stop thinking about how cool it would be! So I got the book, the fabric is on its way (!!!) and I just need to print the templates and get started :) I can't wait!!! Seriously, so excited.


I also really want to do the summer sampler series, but I can't decide on fabric and I might have enough samplers in my life right now haha. We'll see what the other blocks posted this week are and I'll decide then.


starting count: 5
completed: 1
new: 2
total: 6

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I love everything you posted! And you got sucked into the FWQAL too! Yay, I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep holding off on FW but we'll see! I am doing Skill Builder though. Swoon looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about the removed comment, lol. What I was saying is that you've got a lot going on girl! And your swoon block is great! :)

    ReplyDelete