Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Digging my way out

After kind of a blah weekend, I am finally getting back to things. My parents visited and we had a really good time, but I made the mistake of asking my mom what she wanted me to make for her birthday (2 weeks away) and she kept coming up with pretty big things that I couldn't possibly get done by then. It got me pretty overwhelmed considering how big my list already was. And because of them being here and then a morning trip to a quilt shop tent sale, I really didn't get any time to sit down and work on anything. Usually during the little ones first nap is my sewing zen time, so I've been feeling a little out of sorts.

So, instead of my nice peaceful crusing along with no real deadlines any time soon, I now have quite a bit of work to do for my moms birthday and my sisters birthday isn't long after so I am getting ready to make her gift too. *sigh* They are things I want to make, but I was still enjoying my more relaxed pace. So I am just working my way through, trying to figure out how to get it all done. Of course, naptime seems to have gotten shorter so that isn't helping my productivity....

Anyway, I just needed to get that out. I am slowly working on some swoon blocks, still hoping to get the blocks done by the end of next week, but we shall see. Once I get the last few pieces I need, operation birthday gifts will commence. And then I'd really like to clear some things off my long-standing project list. That means a bit less quilting, but hopefully some smaller things that will go quick. And now I shall leave you with a picture of pretty much the only thing I've gotten done in days.


See you tomorrow for the official wip list!


No comments:

Post a Comment