Thursday, August 11, 2011

Skill Builder Sampler: Month 2


We have reached the end of the second month of the Skill Builder Sampler. We made some good blocks this month and I thought it was about time for a round up of the 3.

First up, we made block #4, Pinwheels. Little pinwheels are just so stinking cute. It was pretty easy although I won't claim that my points all line up perfectly. It is close and it looks good. And oh man, those little birdie heads peeking out, kills me. Makes me smile every time :)

Block #5 was Arizona, a star block. Lots of little half square triangles. I was happy to find a nice place to use my stripe fabric since I haven't used much of it so far. I love it in the middle, I think it really pulls it together.


Finally, we ended the month with #6, Bow ties. I had never made a bow tie block before. It was pretty simple and it is a cute pattern. I can see how it would be really cool for a whole quilt.


I love them so far. I can't wait to move on to some flying geese blocks (which I believe are next) since they are something I definitely need to practice. This quilt along is just so much fun! We are now 1/6 of the way done!

No comments:

Post a Comment