Monday, February 13, 2012

Embroidery 101 - A finish

It is done! Not only done, but gone to it's new home too! I didn't get to do much in the way of sewing this weekend, but I did manage to finish up the binding on this Friday so I could send it to it's new home Saturday. It was a pretty great weekend. A day-long date on Saturday was a lot of fun; a bit of shopping, a lunch date, a movie, and a bit more shopping before having a great dinner/dessert with my sister and baby girl :) It definitely put me in the mood to get a lot done this week. Of course today is the only day I have to make a couple little valentine's day gifts for tomorrow so I hope I can manage to get that done.

Anyway, on to the quilt! I started this one in the fall. Well it has been on my list since the QAL over at Clover and Violet this past summer, but I found the fabric while quilt shop hopping in October and had all the blocks together in November I think, and then they sat, waiting to be embroidered. I am glad I finally made myself take the time to do it. It was so much fun. I loved learning all the stitches and I'm so happy with how it turned out. My blocks are a bit small since I pre-washed my fat quarters so they weren't quite 18" so instead of 3" strips mine were all 2.75" giving me 16" finished blocks. I added some 2" sashing (4" on the outside) to bring it up to a 60" square. I quilted straight lines to the side of each seam and I love how it came out. I'd love to tell you what the fabrics are, but I'm not sure. I know the blocks are mostly from the Central Park line and the sashing/back/binding is from the DS quilts lines at Joanns.



This was a quilt I never intended to keep, although I wasn't sure for a while exactly who it was going to. It is delivered and loved though. And I am glad to have my second quilty finish for 2012. Now I just need to get one done start to finish this year instead of finishing up last years haha. I am on my way though, my ikea quilt is almost ready for basting! This week for sure. And now, I better go think loving thoughts and get some gifts done for tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful and I love the back- your color choices are wonderful in this quilt- they go together really well. Congrats on the second finish this year - nice!

    ReplyDelete