Friday, February 24, 2012

Ikea Quilt II

Happy Friday!! I am so glad this completely ridiculous week is coming to a close and I actually have a relaxing weekend to look forward to. My plan: a bit of sewing, a bit of knitting, a bit of Downton Abbey, some delicious food, and some extra sleep. The good life :)

Now I know I already made this quilt, pretty much exactly, back in November. But it came out really nicely and I somehow just had to do it again. I had half the fabric left still, just begging to be used. The only difference is that I used blue and green instead of red and orange. I like both combinations a lot, but I am slightly more partial to the blue and green in this one.


Actually, I take it back, the biggest difference is the quilting. The first time around I went with a quilting design that went along with the quilt design. I didn't love it, mostly because of the quilting in the borders, but it worked out okay. This time I wanted to try something different. I went through a few ideas before deciding to do something I had been wanting to try for ages: organic wavy lines! Most of the quilts I've seen quilted in this style have more dense quilting and less even wavy lines, but that's okay. I love the look of this. The lines are roughly 2" apart so the quilt is still super soft and has such a good drape. I kinda can't wait to try it on another quilt, but maybe closer together to see how that comes out.  I used another black/white polka dot for the binding and I just love the way it frames the bright colors. My favorite block is the bottom center with the lion, in case you were wondering.





 This is my first quilt of this year start to finish, but number 3 overall. Hopefully I can keep it up and reach my goal of 12 this year. I am most of the way done the next top, and plan to finish that up this weekend. And the one after that is ready to be cut. But I have a feeling I am just going to end up with a bunch of quilt tops for a while. Oh, and I think *fingers crossed* I should be back Monday with some super sweet legwarmers all knit and ready to go :) And I guess this weekend will determine how realistic my goals for February were. Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for the wavy lines! They look great! I love the colors in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete