Monday, February 6, 2012

just keep knitting, just keep knitting

Just keep knitting, knitting, knitting. Clearly you can tell what I've been up to :) There is something about winter that always puts me in the mood to knit. It starts in about November and goes on through at least March usually. The thing is, it just takes me a long time to finish something I knit. And unlike when I sew/quilt, knit projects have a tendency to sit around for a long time and become ufo's. So I thought I would do a little round up of things I am working on/going to work on and maybe that would help me push through to actually finish it all. And I made a deal with myself, if I can get everything done this year, next year I will try to make the sweater I fell in love with. I really want to, but I have to prove to myself I can finish knit things...plus I need to clear out some space to store the yarn.

Working on right now:
    I am hoping to have both of these done by the end of the month.

Honey Cowl

I caught the bug on this one. I love it and I can't wait until it's finished and I can wear it. I should finish it up in the next couple days, maybe even tonight!

Legwarmers

I finally got the rest of the yarn I need to finish these up. So as soon as my cowl is done I will get back to these.

To Do
Cowl for my sister- I have everything ready, I just need to finish the other things first

UFO's {that I am determined to finish]
Patchwork afgan

I started this um....over 3 years ago now and I really need to just use up the yarn I have and make it whatever size that brings it to. It has been sitting around way too long. I don't even know why, I just think I got bored.  The rectangles go pretty quick, so hopefully I can get myself to start working on it.

I guess it's really not that bad, but it feels like it is, probably because I know how long it will take to do it all. I am a pretty slow knitter and my hands get sore pretty easily, but I do love it. I have some other things on my someday list, but I'll save them for now. So you'll probably be seeing an occasional knitting update from me. Hopefully. We'll see if I ever decide to actually make a sweater....I have such a fear of it not fitting and never wearing it after hours upon hours of work....

Anyway, I am working on creating a ravelry profile (with stuff actually on it), so we'll see if I get it done. I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment