Monday, February 27, 2012

Leg Warmers

Earlier this month, I posted a little round up of my knitting projects. I thought now would be a good time to check in and report that I am done my legwarmers! That means I got done the two projects I was trying to complete in February and I can start on the other things!

I have wanted to make some leg warmers for a while now. I have some Ugg slippers that I don't wear socks with, but my ankles get cold so I wanted something to cover them. I found this pattern on The Purl Bee and I love it. I obviously made mine shorter since I thought full leg warmers would be a bit excessive, so I stopped somewhere around 15".  I used Berroco Remix yarn and I like it a lot. I have already washed them and they survived just fine and got softer and lovely. This yarn is a bit thick for this I think, but it works. The pattern is simple and went really quick when I actually worked on it.



In order to make sure it would go over the widest part of my calf, I did cast on and off with needles a couple sizes bigger, which I think helped. They fit great and I can't wait to wear them this week! This leaves me with just two current projects, the afghan I have had sitting around forever, and the cowl that I want to make for my sister. I am planning to make a few blocks and then when I get bored start the cowl. I must admit Downton Abbey is really helping my knitting addiction ;) Today, however, I have a bit of sewing I need to get done. I have starting working on the mini quilt that has been in my head for ages and I can't wait to see it come together! We'll see if I can get it put together today!

No comments:

Post a Comment